- What is a Brushstrokes and Beverages event like?
In a relaxed, social, group setting, an artist will guide you through replicating the night’s featured painting step by step. Whether you are an aspiring Van Gogh or just looking to explore your creative side, you are sure to go home with a painting that is uniquely yours. By the end of the evening you will be amazed at the artwork you have created! The events start at 3:00 pm on Sundays and 7:00 pm on weekdays. We suggest arriving early to get registered and get the seat of your choice. Events are 2- 2 1/2 hours with frequent breaks.
- Do I need to sign up in advance?
Because of limited seating, signing up in advance is required. You can register on the website by going to our calendar, select the event you wish to attend and click sign up. If an event is sold out, please email us at email@example.com to be put on our waiting list. Due to last minute cancellations, we can almost always get you in!
- What information do I need to provide to be put on the waiting list?
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: Date of Event, Full Name, Telephone, Email, how many are in your party, and payment method (Purchased in advance on our website or if you purchased any of our online deals please provide voucher #s).
- What is the cost of a Brushstrokes and Beverages event?
The price ranges between $30-$45 depending on the night, the location and the painting.
- What is included in the price?
We provide Step-by-Step Instruction, Canvases, Paint, Brushes, Easels, and Aprons. Refreshments, food, and alcohol are not included.
- Do you take photographs?
Yes, we take multiple photographs of the event in action as well as a group photo at the end. We post every photo from every event on our Facebook page! If you would like to be excluded from all photos please let us know at the beginning of the event.
- Are the events suitable for kids?
Our events are geared towards adults and are 21 and over. They are meant to be social events for adults. We do however hold Family Friendly Events for ages 5 and up and we have private events for kids all the time.
- What do I wear?
We will provide aprons, but we recommend wearing something you wouldn’t mind getting paint on- just in case! Remember- we are using acrylic paints so be sure to leave nice jackets and purses at home! Brushstrokes and Beverages cannot be responsible for any paint damage.
- Can I bring in food?
Unfortunately, no. Due to many complaints from customers as well as the Health Department, customers are not allowed to bring in outside food to our public events. However, you can purchase food from the establishment the event is being held in.
- What time do I need to arrive for an event?
The events start at 3:00 pm on Sundays and 7:00 pm on weekdays. We suggest arriving early to get registered and get the seat of your choice.
- What is your cancellation policy?
Because of our waiting lists, we ask you to give us 48 hours notice if you need to cancel. **Cancellations should be made by email ONLY – email@example.com.** This provides us the opportunity to fill the space. If you have a Living Social or any other type of voucher and wish to cancel your reservation, please remember to give us 24 hour notice or else your voucher will be subject to forfeiture.
- When does the new schedule come out?
We try to post the schedule by the 20th for the next month.
- I missed a painting that I really want to paint! How often will you repeat paintings?
Please let us know! We will keep this in mind when scheduling the next months paintings!
- Do you provide alcohol?
The locations our events are held in have alcohol for purchase. Food and alcohol are not included in your Brushstrokes and Beverages event price.
- Can I BYOB?
Because of the agreements with our venues, we prefer you purchase from the establishment we are holding the event in. If you BYOB, the venue will charge a $12-$15 cork fee.
- If I come with a friend or a group, can we all sit together?
We always try to seat friends and parties together…just be sure to let us know when making your reservation and we’ll be sure to make the appropriate seating arrangements.
- Is it ok if I reserve an event before my half price voucher expires which takes place after the expiration?
With LivingSocial, Groupon, Amazon Local, and our own Half Price Vouchers, you must reserve AND attend before the expiration date to take advantage of the promotional value. You can still use the voucher after the expiration date, you will just owe an additional fee to bring it to full price. The amount you already paid is always good as a credit toward any of our regular events.
- Do you offer extensions for half price vouchers?
Unfortunately because of the agreements we have with these companies no extensions are aloud.
- How do the Brushstrokes and Beverages Half Price Vouchers work?
• Your Square receipt is your voucher
• Be sure to mention your Square Order # when signing up for an event
• Promotional value expires after 6 months
• Buy as many as you’d like
• Limit 1 voucher per person per visit
• Must be 21+
• Reservations are required and subject to availability
• Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 24 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
• Includes canvas, paint, brushes, easel, apron, and instruction during event, alcohol not included
• Cannot be combined with other promotions
• Cannot be used for Private Events, Private Parties, Fundraisers, or Special Events
If you purchased your class through CourseHorse, then our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase. If you are entitled to a refund, or have any questions, please visit the CourseHorse site and contact their customer service team.